Motivated out of a heart of love – love for God and love for others – and a sincere desire to do God’s will, I started Passionate Purposeful Parenting. The purpose of Passionate Purposeful Parenting (PPP) is to encourage and help equip parents of young children by sharing Christian principles, godly wisdom and personal experiences.
Beliefs About Christian Parenting
* Children are a gift/heritage from the Lord (Psalm 127:3)
* Our major responsibility as parents is to train our children to apply all of Scripture to all of life (Deut. 6:5-9) (Prov. 22:6)
* The two greatest commandments of Scripture are Love the Lord your God with all your heart, your soul and your mind and love your neighbor as yourself. (Matt. 22: 37-39)
* The way you Love God is by Knowing Him and His Commands and by Obeying Them. (John 14:15)
* We can teach our children God’s commands by modeling our sincere love for the Lord and our desire to do His will and striving with the Holy Spirit’s help to obey His commands. In addition we need to spend time reading and studying God’s word together.
* One of the most important commandments for children which will carry over into other areas of their lives is Ephesians 6: 1-3:Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3″that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.”
* I believe that the Bible was written by men who were divinely inspired by God. I believe that the Bible is absolutely trustworthy and the ultimate authority in all matters of faith and conduct. (2 Tim. 3:16-17); (2 Peter 1: 16-21)
* I believe in the one true and living God who has existed from all eternity in three person, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit (2 Cor. 13:14; 1 John 5:7; 1 Peter 1:2; Hebrews 11:6)
* I believe in Jesus Christ who was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
* I believe that Jesus Christ came into the world, lived a sinless live and redeemed us by offering himself as the substitutionary sacrifice for our sins, he died for us and demonstrated his victory over sin and death by rising physically from the dead and ascending to heaven (Rom. 5:8-9; Romans 6:23; I Cor. 15: 1-4)
* I believe that all men are by nature and by choice are sinners and are in violation of God’s righteous requirements and His holy character and are therefore subject to death. (Romans 3:23)
* I believe that the result of the saving work of Christ is that salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus. Those who accept Christ as their Lord and Savior will rejoice forever in God’s presence and those who refuse to accept Christ as Lord and Savior will be forever separated from God (Romans 6:23 John 3:16; Phil. 3:20-21; 1 John 2:25)
* I believe that God chooses to work through the believers in his church and that we are called to evangelism and discipling of believers within the fellowship of the church (Matt. 28:19-20; 1 Peter 2:9)